BMW E46 P0733, P0734 help me

AutoDalat
Bình luận: 4Lượt xem: 1,220

AutoDalat

Tài xế O-H
Xưởng em vừa nhận 1 bạn BMW E46 tính trạng như sau : chạy khoảng 50km thì bắt đầu báo lỗi P0733, P0734 (Gear 3 Incorrect ratio, Gear 4 Incorrect ratio). Tham khảo qua 1 số anh em sửa chữa đã cho mượn 1 hộp số tương tự để thử thì tình trạng vẫn như trên. Anh em đã gặp pan như trên có thể tư vấn giúp mình (nhớt hộp số kiểm tra đầy đủ). Thanks
--------
Ảnh mod minh hoạ
1632057952128.png

Cai banh xe

Kích thích nghĩa là kích vào chỗ người ta Thích!
Xưởng em vừa nhận 1 bạn BMW E46 tính trạng như sau : chạy khoảng 50km thì bắt đầu báo lỗi P0733, P0734 (
Gear 3 Incorrect ratio, Gear 4 Incorrect ratio ). Tham khảo qua 1 số anh em sửa chữa đã cho mượn 1 hộp số tương tự để thử thì tình trạng vẫn như trên. Anh em đã gặp pan như trên có thể tư vấn giúp mình ( nhớt hộp số kiểm tra đầy đủ). Thanks
Tức là bác thay cả hộp số khác lên xe mà vẫn vậy ạ??

anhkhoamaivy

Tài xế O-H
Those codes indicate incorrect gear ratios for 3rd and 4th gears. They could be caused by a number of issues.

Let me caveat my statement by saying I’ve never owned a bimmer with an automatic transmission. I’ve owned 5 different bimmers since 1974. However, I’ve been a contributor and a reader of several bimmer forums for years.

Adding fluid seems to have partially corrected the problem. That tells me that the transmission was run for a period of time with an improper level of fluid. I’m sure the transmission manufacturer designed the box so that it’s run fine if the fluid wasn’t at the exact “full” level. I bet that the transmission fluid and filter have never been changed. Depending on how “dedicated” you are to the car, I’d change the fluid and filter. Draining and refilling the transmission changes about 60% of the transmission fluid. The other 40% resides in the fluid cooler, the associated fluid lines and the torque converter.

Be advised BMW sourced transmissions from GM of France and ZF of Germany. They are very different transmissions, using different fluids and filters. How to tell which trans is in the car? Look at the transmission fluid pan. If the sides of the pan are ribbed the trans was made by ZF. If the sides are smooth the transmission was made by GM. The GM transmission uses Dexron3 or Dexron6. The ZF transmission uses a different fluid. Search this forum to find threads about changing the fluid and filter. It’s not a difficult job, but you’ll have to follow the steps to do it properly. The critical part is filling the transmission with the correct amount of fluid. Neither transmission likes being under- or over-filled.

anhkhoamaivy

Tài xế O-H
Since the car drives fine when not in limp mode, the problem might be more of an electrical/wiring gremlin, or a bad sensor or even a solenoid in the transmission valve body itself. Engine issues can also directly affect the auto transmission since the engine computer essentially controls both. There could also be more than one problem contributing to the issue.

It's hard to give specific advice, without knowing more about the car and what state of repair it is in. Like markusmarkus mentioned, there are two different auto transmissions on these cars, zf & gm. They have different issues so knowing that is important as a start.

Can you get the car on jack stands and inspect transmission directly? The gm transmission will have a smooth trans oil pan, while the zf transmission has more of a waffled or ribbed trans oil pan. If its oily and dirty, then clean it up so that you can identify any current leaks.

Btw, the mpg needle bouncing erratically reminds me of my gm transmission when it was running low on ATF. The cause was a leak from a seal on the side of the transmission above the pan where the gear selector lever goes in. I could tell when fluid was getting low because mpg needle would drop below 12 at the slightest touch of the throttle.

The typical troubleshoot starting point seems to be change fluid & filter; both to check condition of old fluid (is there metal bits) and also to confirm that level is correct because it affects things and is relatively simple to do. After that it becomes a process of elimination.

The fact that its not slipping when it drives fine is definitely a positive, but perhaps more of a challenge to diagnose.

Bạn hãy đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để phản hồi tại đây nhé.

Bên trên